I am so excited about the coming year, and plan to bring you lots of lovely new products, as well as some fab developments to the website, so do pop in from time to time to see what’s new!
Each month we will bring you great offers, competitions and news, as well as ideas and tips for greening up your life. We also want to hear from you, so if you would like to comment or contribute in any way, please do contact us. As an online business it’s always a pleasure to have contact with, and especially to meet, as many customers as possible, so please get in touch!
This month, we bring you our January Sale; plenty of fantastic deals on our gorgeous products, so you can stock up on gifts for your friends and family, and why not brighten up a dark month and treat yourself while you’re at it!
Product of the Month
We will also be introducing our Product of the Month section. Look out for special deals on these items; it’s kind of like a mini sale every month!
Ten Really Easy New Year Eco Resolutions
Ah, New Year Resolutions. So easily made every new year, so easily abandoned two weeks later when reality kicks in. When it comes to the plight of the planet, we probably all want to contribute in some way, but some things are harder to do than others, and with the best will in the world may not always be possible. If you have to travel a lot for work it’s not always going to be easy to avoid flying, for example. There are however a few smaller scale things you can do which are very easy to integrate into your daily life, and which are not only good for the planet, but also for your pocket! Even if you only do one it’s a start! Here are a few of our easy eco suggestions for 2008:
1. Switch to energy saving lightbulbs. There are lots to choose from now so it shouldn’t be hard to find what you need. Try Ethical Superstore.
2. Recycle more. Wash out those yoghurt pots and sauce jars and stick them in the recycling bin!
3. Buy more locally produced food products. Not just meat, fruit and vegetables, but all kinds of products that are made in the UK – baked goods, preserves, even wines. You don’t have to go far or change your routine to hunt them down either; just start by choosing the locally grown fruit and veg at the supermarket. Every little helps! (Not that I’m endorsing any particular supermarket of course….)
4. Only fill the kettle with the amount of water you actually need. Too easy.
5. Buy products with as little packaging as possible.
7. If you donate money to charity, perhaps include one this year which works towards preserving the planet. What about Friends of the Earth or Green Alliance? Or if you would prefer to give to a smaller organisation, try justgiving.com for heaps of choice.
8. Just don’t leave electricals on standby! If you really struggle to remember, check out Bye Bye Standby.
9. Use the car less; walk more, and take public transport. Bus rides can be strangely therapeutic and walking or cycling is good for you and creates less pollution – it’s a win win situation!
10. Let us do some of the hard work for you; buy all your gifts at Boutiko!
Don’t forget to pass on news of the sale to any of your friends and family who like bargains! (That’ll be everyone then…..)
Wishing you all the very best for a fantastic year!